As I was creating my last post on Fix8 – Generate Computer Animated Video Clips with your Webcam, I noticed the following after I embedded the YouTube video as an example, take a look at the following screen shot:
Note that Windows Live Writer displays the embedded video in the content area.
To embed video,
- On YouTube in the about area, one of the text boxes says embed, copy this content.
- Switch back to Windows Live Writer.
- I typed XX as a placeholder on the line where I wanted the video. Switch the View to HTML Code.
- Highlight XX and paste the embedded video code.
- Switch the View to Web Layout.
- Bask in the glow of the embedded video.
Personally I think that functionality is pretty cool.
Update – Although the video displays in the Windows Live Writer content window correctly, it does not properly upload to WordPress. To Upload a video in WordPress you must use their online Manage Post editor.