WordPress.com has come out with a new application, WordPress.com App for Facebook. I figured after I saw this post I would have to check it out. Currently I have my blog posts using the Notes feature, but the implementation isn’t very robust.
- The first thing you need to do, is add the WordPress.com App to your facebook account.
- Configure WordPress for Facebook
Know who I am and access my information
Put a box in my profile
Place a link in my left-hand navigation
Publish stories in my News Feed and Mini-Feed
Place a link below the profile picture on any profile
- You will be prompted to Log in to WordPress. I left the screen shot smaller, as there is not really much to see. Just typical Username / Password.
- Configure WordPress.com App for Facebook. On your profile page, click WordPress and you will be able to configure the WordPress.com App. Configuration has 5 tabs: Home, Post, Bookmark, Stats and Frinds.
Home – on the home tab, there are links to each of the tabs
Post – Create a post for your blog
Bookmark – Bookmark a link – honestly I am not really sure what this is supposed to do . . .
Stats – Displays page views from Today and Yesterday
Friends – Recent WordPress blog posts from your Facebook friends
Facebook Profile Page
Your Profile page, will now display recent posts and comments from your blog
Overall I think the functionality of the WordPress.com application is good. Anyone who wants to cleanly display entries from their WordPress.com blog will be able to use this App.
There are some features that this App needs:
- There is no link to get back from the WordPress configuration screen back to facebook. If this is a facebook app, I should be able to easily get back to facebook.
- There should be options that allow you to configure how many posts and comments are displayed on facebook.
- I had trouble editing options, I was unable to log back into the WordPress app.
Previously I have been using the Note App to display my blog entries on my facebook profile. I like it, but it displays more of a RSS feed.
The WordPress.com really highlights your blog entries and I think they look good on the page. If you are looking for a good application to display your WordPress blog, this would be it.